Why People Do Not Skate




The world is filled with human life and much of it to my sustain has tried to creep its way into our counter cultchure, trying to work in the industry , or starting up a company that is marketed at us with no real feel for what we are and as well on the other side of the spectrum by knobbing ticketing and tossing feeble attempts of running us. The federal government mannulle of history in most is this. To control to dominate and to xtermanate anything that is a minuscule threat or projects creativity that could lead to a down fall of a society.

Here is my top 10.

1# curbs. The whole world thinks of them as things to sit on spit gum on walk over trip on paint red yellow and blue for traffic law b/s and to keep rain water on track. Skaters we see them as objects of endless fun and a good thing to worm up on or learn or hohn a new combo of tricks or just one trick. I have spent over 8 months straight on a curb due to my cacuskations and it is still counting.

2# the feel of a solid Ollie. No outsider could ever understand or be able to feel the magnitude of power and fun that can come from one solid Ollie. From the nuculis to el toro there is nothing that can capture this feeling, the moment in air where you have no clue if you ill be able to pull it off or hang up on whatever you are going over, or just the feeling as you blast it off a curb cut in any zone,. The passion cannot be matched by any drug that is poked snorted or drank into the body or anything sex with the dream girl etc, it is the epitome of what skating is. Anytime some person try's to bring hate to my cheaper who is a non skater I just smile and think they have never felt what life is. They have never felt the grip tape under there feet as it vibrates from ruff ground as you weave in and out of city blocks in city streets or the feeling of investigating a school yards for hours to

3# up until x games and video games the knobs were in very few place as sure skate stopping has been around sise 84 but in low amounts. We urrendered our tricks over to them fo cash as if we were magicsuns giing away every hat trick or crafsmen showing all the secrrats to our trade. Showing the general public how a 50 5 or a back tail worked made them want to protect there marble cement and anything fun to skate with bullshit stoopppers witch is now a million dollor industry in its, self. Achurtecks and what not have drafed plans with thm in it. The fucks that do this will never understand the creative killing they asre doing to young minds thus making a generation of carben

4# we are not weed heads or surf spin offs or a cultchure of drunks we are fucking skaters. We are all from different back grounds ways of lfe creeds religions and gender. We are a fucking art form sport past time out let and one hwll of a work out we are skateboarders.

5# we can travel any plce on earth and have a place to lay our heads and have tour guides. When I was in itaily with my family on a family holiday at 15 I took my plank and in the city of floorence I decided to wonder from the hotel and skate the streets, not speaking one words of itailn I was was in fear but I had a gut feeling things would be ok. I ran into other sksters and in minutes were were talking about burnside josh beagale and john cardiel as if I was sjating local spot in Portland. They took me for an advenure I will never forget skating spots and riding on the back of a vespa. I got back to the hotel and my fam was tripping out thinking I was kid napped but I made it back okay. I knew the bond was that thick that I would have done the same here. I have met skaters from lebbonn and eseral who get along well and talk threw my spsce email etc. even though there countrys are at war in cnstant cnflicks. I have seen things brought together by skating that would be onherad peradimes in other worlds. Basketball olypics no. do not bring that up that is competive jock shit where on team feels there cunttry is better than anothers and wants to win. Skating there is no loosing no winning and we all are I he struggle together.

6# creativity, what passion has crwated so many free thinkers? Outsiders will never know or understand that people like Jason lee brian lotti spike jones steve berra yogi sherpared fairy ed templeton chris senn the gonz natas nea;l blender and so amny others have been birthed to there fre thinking minds from skating.

7# money materal worth and other shit that the world puts pressure on us 4 is out the window, we spend our cash on indoor t.f.s and building spots and cutting off knobs at spots etc.

8# OUR LINGO. There is no way any person who does not skate would understand front foot impossible for example. They would think it is a impossible trick to do, even though we all know Ocean and Jason Carney all did it in 91

9# The fact our sole purpose to work and live in skating has nothing to do with money, but fun and great times. Sure many people who are in skating could be in jobs making great cash selling cars and being doctors but They would rather work with skating for it is not just fun but an addiction. that is hard to break. many have tried to fall off the world of skating , but they always come back. My Friend Matt Hensley tried to retire in 92 but he could not escape the power of skating and soon after came back in the mix. just like in god father 3. "every time I try to get out they pull me back in" I could name many others who been distracted by other life goals and passions but they always swing back due to how amazing skating is. Another example is Jason Lee. He has plenty of cash from acting, there is no way any of you message board haters can say it was for the cash. My point is people who do not skate think of retirement meaning no longer playing a sport or getting out of the office. but in skating even if your pro status is done you still skate for life.

10# that there are 40 year olds who can skate rails. I hear it all day, "that is for young kids" people will say when they watch a young buck skating a rail. What they do not know is guys like Lance Mountain, and Steve Caballero can 50 50 and feeble a rail.

from : here

Komentar

Postingan Populer